Monday 3 October 2011

Must and Have to

Fill the spaces in the following sentences by inserting must or the present, future, or past form of have to.



1   She . . . leave home at eight every morning at present.

2   Notice in a picture gallery: Cameras, sticks and umbrellas ... be left
at the desk.

3   He sees very badly; he ... wear glasses all the time.

4   I ... do all the typing at my office.

5   You . . . read this book. It's really excellent.

6   The children . . . play in the streets till their mothers get home from
work.

7   She felt ill and . . . leave early.

8   Mr Pitt. . . cook his own meals. His wife is away.

9   I hadn't enough money and I ... pay by cheque.

10       I never remember his address; I always . . . look it up.

11       Employer: You . . . come to work in time.

12       If you go to a dentist with a private practice you . . . pay him quite a
lot of money.

13       Father to small son: You ... do what Mummy says.

14       My neighbour's child . . . practise the piano for three hours a day.

15       Doctor: I can't come now.

Caller: You . . . come; he's terribly ill.

16       English children . . . stay at school till the age of 16.

17       In my district there is no gas laid on. People . . . use electricity for
everything.

18       Notice above petrol pump: All engines ... be switched off.

19       Mother to daughter: You . . . come in earlier at night.

20   The shops here don't deliver. We . . . carry everything home
ourselves.

21       The buses were all full; I ... get a taxi.

22   Notice beside escalators: Dogs and push chairs ... be carried.

23       'Au pair' girls usually ... do quite a lot of housework.

24   Tell her that she ... be here by six. I insist on it.

25   When a tyre is punctured the driver . . . change the wheel.

26   Park notice: All dogs ... be kept on leads.

27   She . . . learn how to drive when her local railway station is closed.

28   Railway notice: Passengers . . . cross the line by the footbridge.

29   I got lost and . . . ask a policeman the way.

30   Farmers . . . get up early.

31       If you buy that television set you . . . buy a licence for it.

32   When I changed my job I ... move to another flat.

33   Waiters . . . pay tax on the tips that they receive.

34   Father to son: I can't support you any longer; you . . . earn your own
living from now on.

35   Railway notice: Passengers ... be in possession of a ticket.

36   Whenever the dog wants to go out I ... get up and open the door.




No comments:

Post a Comment